QuadCityRealty.com: Your Best Source for Information About Quad City Real Estate
A unique metropolitan area of four different cities and many outlying communities, the Quad Cities region is one of the least expensive places to live in the United States. Comprised of Davenport and Bettendorf on the Iowa side of the Mississippi River and Rock Island and Moline on the Illinois Side, the Quad Cities have the amenities of a much larger city but have a small town’s pace and atmosphere.
People looking for Quad City real estate have a wide range of options to choose from, including moderately-priced homes in neighborhoods, downtown lofts overlooking the river, larger estates on river bluffs, farmhouses with acreage, and many more. Whether you’re buying your first home or you’ve bought and sold several, there are some considerations that you should always bear in mind when looking for properties in the Quad Cities or anywhere else. These include:
- Take your time – Time is a commodity that everyone never has enough of but buying a home in the Quad Cities is one of the biggest decisions of your life so take your time and weigh your options carefully to avoid making a hasty decision and experiencing buyer’s remorse.
- Hire a qualified realtor – Hiring an experienced realtor who knows the Quad Cities well and can help you with your search will not only expedite your home search, they will also be able to give you more options to choose from.
- Get pre-qualified for a mortgage – This is key. When you’re found the home that is perfect for you, you’ll want to be able to move swiftly and getting pre-qualified is the best way to make sure that another buyer doesn’t buy the house while you’re arranging financing.
- Don’t let emotions guide your decisions – This is harder than you may think because finding a great Quad City home at the right price is certain to create excitement and anticipation. But thinking with your heart instead of your head is also financially perilous. Remember that this is a decision that you will literally be living with for some time.
- Get the home inspected before purchase – The importance of getting the home inspected by a licensed professional before anything is signed cannot be overstated. They may discover flaws that you overlooked in your walk-through which could cost thousands of dollars.
- View the home at different times of the day – Drive by and observe the neighborhood at different times of the day and pay attention to noise levels, traffic flow, and any other factors that may impact your quality of living.
These are just a few things to think about during your Quad City home search and you’ve likely thought of many more while reading them. No matter which Quad City community fits your budget and lifestyle, there are hundreds of Quad City Realty properties for sale at any given time and the tips provided above will surely make the home-buying process more fun and productive.